IoT in a Box has been designed to enable people to help monitor and run their business. Using our User Management feature, you have the ability to control app access to one or more locations.
There are two huge benefits with this feature:
- Resellers can now setup and manage all their customer locations from 1 account while giving their customers access only to their locations.
- Sales teams can easily share demo accounts with perspective resellers, end customers, distributors or white-label deals - any sales/biz dev opportunity!
Adding a new Contact
Before someone can view a location you manage, they must be granted app access to that location. This can be easily done by adding a new Contact and specifying the appropriate permissions.
- Open the Contacts screen.
- Tap on the + button to being creating a new contact.
- Fill in the contact's details, such as their name, phone number and email address.
Be sure to double-check the email address is correct.
- Under Access, pick which locations the user will be granted app access to.
Can View: Contact will be invited to see the details of the location, but cannot make changes.
Can Edit: Contact will be invited to help manage the location, including making changes such as adding or removing devices, alerts and sensor maps.
5. Tap Save to save the contact.
Once saved, the person will receive an an email inviting them to access the location(s).
You can use the Contacts screen to see a complete list of contacts associated with your account. From here you can add, remove or modify contact permissions for all your locations. Simply tap on any contact to open their contact details and app access settings.