Create New Sensor Map
You can create new sensor maps from the Sensor Map screen. You can create as many sensor maps as you want for each location.
- Click on + Add from the sidebar to start creating a new sensor map. The sidebar will switch to displaying two sets options for creating new sensor maps (Add Image and Add Google Map).
- Begin by selecting which type of sensor map you want to create.
- Image allows you upload a photo such as a floorplan or photo of the facility.
- Google Map lets you specify a location address and will result in a map of the location.
- Regardless of which map type you create, be sure to enter a Name for this sensor map.
- Click on the Add button to create the sensor map.
After adding your new sensor map, you see confirmation that the sensor map was created and the Sensor Map screen will update to display your new sensor map. You will next want to position your devices on the sensor map.
- Click on the Devices tab shown next to Maps in the sidebar. This will open a list of available devices that can be added to sensor maps.
- To add a device to a sensor map, click the add (+) button shown next to that device. As you do so, the device will be added to the map and a pin marker will appear on the sensor map. Add as many devices as you want to the sensor map.
Click on the Maps tab from the sidebar to switch back to viewing the list of available sensor maps.
After adding devices to your sensor map, you will see their pin icons displayed on screen. You can drag and drop these pins to their correct location on the sensor map. This allows you to place the device exactly where it is located. In addition, you can click on the pin to view its current status.