If you still want alert notifications, but they're coming your way too frequently, we recommend using Alert Rules to control how often your alert triggers. This allows you to continue to receive alert notifications for your sensors, but you can also limit these notifications in scenarios where your sensor is only briefly out of bounds.
- Go the Location where the device alerting is located and open Alerts.
- Locate the Alert that is triggering too frequently and select Edit.
- Go to the Optional Rules section in the settings that appear. Click Add Rule to start adding a rule.
- Choose one of the available rules, such as Remains For that will let affect how the alert is triggered.
TIP: If your sensor occasionally strays over thresholds, the best solution is to add a Only alert if conditions remains for... rule. This will continue to send out alerts for the sensor, but only if it remains out of bounds for long enough that you consider it a problem. We recommend 60 minutes for this rule, but you can enter any time period that you desire here.
- Don't forget to click Add Rule and don't forget to click Save to save the changes to your alert!