Integration getting disabled? Here are some reasons why this might be occurring and what you should look into before contacting us.
Why do integrations get disable?
Our system will attempt to call your integration each time a matching event (as per the Settings you set in the Integration) occurs in your account. If calling your integration results in an error, the integration will attempt to retry the call. However if several such errors are encountered, the problematic integration will then be disabled. This is a buffer on our side to prevent constant retries from impacting our system.
How do I get notified when errors occur?
The email for the Admin contact (i.e. the account where the integration was setup) will receive notification when an integration disconnect such as this occurs. Within this email will be an error indicating what type of problem caused the integration to be disabled.
What kinds of errors might result in disabling?
- Receiving service is Offline or unavailable
- SSL or Authorization errors
- Receiving service is unable to handle the amount of messages being sent to it. For example, a spike in device activity might overwhelm a service without adequate resources.
Recommendations for validating Integrations work in your account
Beyond log information (which may or may not be available to you on your receiving side), the best way to test to see if Integrations are working in your account is to use a basic Webhook and a known 3rd party test site such as https://webhook.site/.
- Create a test webhook URL, such as using https://webhook.site/ or https://postb.in/.
- Using the webhook target you just generated, setup a webhook under the account where your devices are located.
- Wait for a new Uplink (device reading) to come in for one of your devices.
You should receive a JSON message to your test webhook as soon as a device reading comes in.